Sixth Grade Syllabus
1. Respect yourself.
2. Respect others.
3. Respect others’ property.
4. Listen when teachers or other students are talking.
5. Be a good sport.
6. If we read together in class, you must follow along, and be ready to read if called on.
7. Be organized.
8. Do not get out of your seat without permission, unless I have told you otherwise.
9. Do not talk during class unless you raise your hand and I call on you or I have told you otherwise.
10. Always clean up after yourself.
11. Do not talk on the hall or at assemblies.
12. Whenever we leave the classroom we will walk quietly in a straight line without touching one another.
13. If someone is bothering or bullying you, tell me. Do not take matters into your own hands.
14. All work is due the following day by 9:00 unless I have told you otherwise.
15. You must have all required materials in class daily.
*I know these are a lot of rules and some may seem obvious, but I feel if I am specific about them now it will save time and trouble in the future.
*It is important to follow these rules so that the learning process is disrupted as little as possible throughout the day.
Name on the board – warning
One check – sit by yourself at lunch
Two checks – call parents to discuss a plan to correct the behavior
Late work is not tolerated. If you use your time efficiently in class you will rarely have homework, but occasionally it can not be helped. If your homework is not handed in on time, you will be expected to call your parents that morning so they are aware that you are behind.
You will be expected to bring your planner to class everyday and fill it out. It will need to be taken home to be signed every Friday. I will then check them Monday morning. This will go in the grade book, so it is important that you take advantage of these easy points.